Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Ms. Lorraine at play: Try a Launchpad!

 


Hello Library Friends! Ms. Lorraine here!

Thanks to a donation from ASTM, International, the library recently added Playaway Launchpads to our collection. These are durable tablets preloaded with educational games and read-alongs, etc.!  We have Launchpads covering many subjects and different age/grade levels. 

I decided to try one out so I can tell you all what to expect from this new collection.  I set out on my own adventure by checking out Backpack of Fun! which is aimed at ages 5-7, grades K-2.  I have to admit that it has been several years since I was even close to this age/grade level, but I guess I am still a perfect fit for games aimed at this range.  Once I determined how to turn on the preloaded tablet (no children at my home to guide me), I was on my way!

The choices are many--let the adventure begin! There were stories to listen to, languages to explore, games to play!  I read along with Arthur, traveled to France and picked up a few French words.  I magically explored the Rain Forest with music.  I played one of my favorite childhood games: Highlights Magazine “Find the Hidden Pictures.  The 10 interactive books, games and activities on this particular Launchpad kept me entertained and busy. 

I highly recommend that you call or visit the library to choose a Playaway Launchpad adventure of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Reading Week 5 - Insects & Sea Creatures

For week 5 of Summer Reading at Conshohocken Free Library our theme is insects and sea creatures.  Don't forget to track your reading at...